When you attempt to install a new version of Casper 11, you receive an error similar to the following:
The older version of Casper 11 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.
The Casper installation log (%TEMP%\casper_setup.log) shows the following messages:
The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
Error 1714. The older version of Casper 11 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group. System Error 1612.
This error is reported when the former Windows installer database (.msi) file for the older version of Casper cannot be located within the Windows Installer Cache at %WINDIR%\Installer.
Microsoft has developed a troubleshooter to assist with detecting and fixing Windows Installer problems that prevent programs from being installed or removed. You can use this troubleshooter to repair the damaged installation settings so that the new version of Casper can be installed.
Follow this procedure:
- Download and run the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter.
- Click Next to begin the troubleshooter detection process.
- Click Uninstalling when prompted Are you having a problem installing or uninstalling a program?
- Select Casper 11 in the provided list and then click Next.
- Click Yes, try uninstall
- When the troubleshooter has finished applying the necessary repairs, click Close the troubleshooter.
After you have completed the troubleshooter, re-run the new Casper 11 setup.